I found another approach to playing with star tones to bring more harmony into your life! In an excellent book by Ted Andrews, Sacred Sounds, he describes ways to play with musical astrology! (Using the first chart in this series.) Ted calculates the tones of an opposition (of the sun and the moon). These planets can be represented by the tones E for the sun and D♯ for the moon. These two tones when played together - sound discordant - really nasty. Since this particular opposition sounds badly it indicates difficulty in harmonizing the inner and outer aspects of ourselves. In order to improve this energy that weighs us down:
- Emphasize Mercury energies in our chart. If there is to be an outer expression of the self (sun) let it be through communication. Mercury has a tone of F, which is more harmonious with the moon tone of D♯. This would help you communicate and bring out internal (moon) feelings through communication. Be careful not to internalize all feelings and thoughts. In summary, a tone was added to the tonal mix of influential planets to make it sound more harmonious and provide a solution to the difficult energy.
- Another method of using music to bring harmony to this negative energy of the opposition would be by emphasizing Jupiter and Neptune energies (the tones associated with G♯ and B). When played together with the sun and the moon, they create an E7 chord - much nicer sounding and better energy! The energies associated with the planets in this chart harmonize well together, manifesting a positive expression of energy so that the sun and moon would not block each other.
In summary, Ted plays the musical notes associated with the planets together. If they sound badly, they provide challenging or negative energy Influences. He adds another tone to even and smooth out the sound! Next he notices the planets and what they represent. Finally, he makes a suggestion of how someone's actions could also facilitate the resolution of difficult energies.
- Sun-tone: Enhances a sense of strength, motivation, self-identity, vitality and radiance. It promotes enthusiasm, assertiveness and determination. (light green…126.22 Hz) Musical Note F.
- Moon-tone: Promotes emotional tranquility, softness and intuition. It enhances feelings, the feminine energy and a flowing flexibility with life. (orange…210.42 Hz) Musical Note D.
- Earth-tone: Enhances the deep security and safety of Mother Earth. It is the cosmic sound of “om.” It grounds and centers us. (orange red…194.18 Hz) Musical Note C♯.
- Mercury-tone: Strengthens cooperation and understanding. It sharpens communication skills through reason, writing and speaking with confidence. (blue green…141.270 Hz) Musical Note G.
- Venus-tone: Enhances an ability to feel, love, receive and share, and have close relationships. It enhances creativity. It also increases our love of pleasure, harmony and self-appreciation. (yellow orange…221.23 Hz) Musical Note D♯.
- Mars-tone: Builds strength, desire, motivation and action. It brings out decision-making abilities and assertiveness, while strengthening our courage and sexual nature. (blue…144.72 Hz) Musical Note G♯.
- Jupiter-tone: Promotes openness, trust, optimism, good fortune and brings a jovial sense of laughter. It helps one to be receptive to grace and adventure in life. (red…183.58 Hz) Musical Note C.
- Saturn-tone: Develops discipline and setting limits with others and ourselves. It helps us to be structured, organized and responsible. (blue…147.85 Hz) Musical Note G♯.
- Uranus-tone: Enhances ability to make life changes through inspiration, insight and freedom of expression and without self-imposed limitations. (orange…207.36 Hz) Musical Note G.
- Neptune-tone: Creates spiritual experiences and emphasizes compassion. It supports our dream life, artistic nature, music, art, dance and creativity. (orange…211.44 Hz) Musical Note G.
- Pluto-tone: Helps us face our deepest secrets and brings light to the darkness. The energetic forces of Pluto help us let go of old patterns, bringing a rebirth in consciousness. (blue green…140.25 Hz) Musical Note G.
Source: BioSonics.com Planetary Tuners